Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Amateur Poet

Hello! I don't know if anyone will ever read this, or if it even matters. I have started this blog for me, and me alone. I feel compelled to write poetry; it heals me. I have been writing for years. I got my B.A. in English, and didn't do all that great in college. So this is a personal goal for myself - to become a great writer - to inspire somebody. If I can reach just one person through any of these poems, than I have succeeded. My name is Jackie - and I write what I feel.... Not all of the poems will have explanations, but all will have significance for me. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should create a Poet's Facebook page to attract a larger readership. The wide scope of topics would undoubtedly speak to many who share your insight, thoughts and feelings. Also if you create a new challenge for yourself this will automatically serve as an antidote against your Writer's Block because you will be one forced to reveal yourself on a daily basis. Are you up to the challenge? This is what you have to consider. Take your talent to the next level. A friend.